Friday, November 6, 2009

grammar check (with special guest The Undead William Safire)

Today, I discovered this disgustingly erroneous sentence on espn.com:


The VIP Room: See the five Mr. Octobers


I considered retrieving the two Whoppers Junior I had ingested for breakfast by vomiting into my own mouth, but chose not to befoul my most magnificent orifice as such.  In lieu of such an ejaculation, I immediately composed a missive to ESPN Ombudsman Don Ohlmeyer, and am anxiously anticipating the remediation of this most egregious assault on the American tongue.  As we all know, this sentence should have read:


The VIP Room: See the five Messrs. October


It is, quite simply, stupefying that this organization refuses to employ even a single competent copyeditor to prevent such distasteful tripe.  Until such time as this occurs, I shall be forced to satisfy my most base zombie urges by gorging upon one ESPN employee each day.  That's correct; I am a zombie.  And yet I still eat and enjoy Whoppers Junior.  Weird, right?

1 comment: