Wednesday, November 4, 2009

wtf #5 (the addendum): rivers? qua?

I'm really gonna get off this Rivers/Weezer thing, but wow...it's really just shocking to me and continues to get weirder.  I mean, I dig this incarnation, I do...but I have to come to terms with the fact that the fucked-up guy who wrote Pinkerton is never coming back.  But what makes this truly bizarre, to me, is this...if you would have told me in 1994 that this guy would, in 15 years, be appearing in this commercial:





as part of the backup band (with Travis Barker (!) and that douche from 
Fall Out Boy) for ano-talent called Taylor Swift, well...I'm pretty sure I 
would not have believed you. Also, I would have wanted to know who 
Travis Barker was, but only Ben would have been able to tell me that he 
was the drummer for the Aquabats. So if you are not Ben, then you 
could not have helped me.

No comments:

Post a Comment